The Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire (SDQ – R. Goodman, 1997) ) is a brief child mental health questionnaire for children and adolescents aged 2 to 17. Each questionnaire tests for 25 psychological attributes, some positive and others negative.
These 25 questions are divided between 5 scales:
1. Emotional symptoms
2. Conduct problems
4. Peer relationship problems
5. Prosocial (well-meaning) behaviour.
The second part of the questionnaire is an impact supplement, which asks whether the respondent thinks the young person has a problem, and if so, enquires further about chronicity, distress, social impairment, and burden to others. This provides useful additional information for the therapist.
Strength and Difficulties Questionnaire pre-therapy
- P2-4 – SDQ questionnaire for parents of 2-4 year olds
- P4-17 – SDQ questionnaire for parents of 4-17 year olds
Strength and Difficulties Questionnaire post-therapy
- P2-4 FOLLOW-UP – SDQ, follow-up questions for parents of 2-4 year olds
- P4-17 FOLLOW-UP – SDQ, follow-up questions for parents of 4-17 year olds
If you would prefer to fill out the questionnaires by hand, you can print them off in PDF form HERE.